From this release on wards WebHarvy targets (depends on) .NET 4.5 which comes pre-installed on latest Windows editions. This results in smoother installation process, doing away with .NET 3.5 download and install which was previously required. Targeting .NET 4.5 also helps WebHarvy improve performance and resource usage, and to solve issues related to crashes while trying to extract data from certain websites.
The changes in this release are :-
- Depends on .NET 4.5
- Handles pagination where next page link (next link or ‘show more data’ link) contains a number which varies from page to page
As always you may download and try the latest version from https://www.webharvy.com/download.html. Let us know in case you have any questions.
We have introduced support for scraping multiple level categories (main categories, sub categories tree) and support for multiple input keyword lists in this release. The main features are:-
True multi-level Category Scraping
WebHarvy now supports automatically navigating category/subcategory lists of a website to extract data from the final listing pages. Know More
Support for multiple input keywords
Any number of input text fields can be populated with lists of strings/keywords during configuration. WebHarvy will automatically apply all combinations of provided keywords during the mining phase. Know More.
Capture window with new options
Run specified Java Script code on page – know more. This option can be used to load elements on a page which cannot be done using the default navigation options (link-follow, click) provided by WebHarvy.
Input strings to text input fields
Strings to be input to text fields can now be made a part of the configuration. Know More. Earlier such parameters were automatically taken from the PostData of the configuration. But sometimes, with some websites, the PostData will not contain the input strings submitted and this option helps to correctly load the page displaying data during mining phase.
Extract data from Popups
Know More. Helps to extract data by clicking each listing link/button and get data from a popup window or a view in the same page populated by data. This is different from ‘Follow this link’ option because here the data is loaded on the same page (no page navigation) and different from ‘Click’ option because after clicking each link data has to be extracted from page before clicking the next link.
Option to smoothly scroll page during mining to load all contents (lazy loading)
Smooth scroll to page end to load elements which are loaded (for example lazy loading of images) only when the elements are made visible by scrolling down. Know More.
Select drop-down/list-box options
Select drop-down/list-box/combo-box options during configuration and mining. Again this option allows navigation to result pages when normal configuration is unable to make these selections and load the result page. Know More.
Other Minor Additions Include :-
- Improvements in automatic scraping of multiple product images
- Support for loading keyword lists directly from file
- ‘Capture Image’ option automatically enabled via HTML/RegEx method in applicable cases.
- Name downloaded image files by value obtained from a column/cell in miner data table. More.
- Allows applying ‘Capture More Content’ after selecting ‘Capture HTML’.
- Quick access to items under ‘More Options’ in Capture window via toolbar buttons.
- Minor bug fixes.
You may please download and try the latest version from https://www.webharvy.com/download.html.
We have released a new update of our unique Twitter client which is designed to keep your Twitter timeline organized by grouping tweets by the same author over a period of time in a single card.
Branches for Twitter – Easy Twitter reader which groups tweets
Branches’s mission is to reduce the noise in your Twitter timeline and thereby making it easy for you to consume. Branches does this by grouping tweets from the same handle/author over a period of time and displaying it as a single item. You can tap on this to view each one of the grouped tweets or just ignore it. This lets you follow any number of people on Twitter including frequent tweeters like newspapers, journalists etc. without allowing them to hijack your timeline. Try it !
Branches is an experiment, so right now the app has minimum features and is not ready to replace your current favorite Twitter Client. Consider this an extension/add-on which provides you a different perspective to read Twitter. Of-course based on user feedback we look forward to adding more features and to become a full fledged Twitter Client.
Microsoft released a new security update for Adobe Flash Player for Internet Explorer (IE) a few days back (Dec 29, 2015). This update has caused many software (including Skype – see Skype Crash) to crash. See http://borncity.com/win/2015/12/30/windows-10-flash-update-kb3132372-issues/ for a list of other software titles affected due to this update.
InfoWorld Article : Win10 Flash patch KB 3132372 breaks Skype, HP Solutions Center, Incredimail, games
The solution to this problem is to uninstall the security update – KB3132372. See How to remove updates.
Meanwhile we will try if we can update WebHarvy to overcome this issue. We are also hoping that there will be another security update from Microsoft which solves this problem since many software titles including their own Skype seems to be affected.
Update ! (Jan 5, 2016)
Microsoft has released another update to fix the issues created by KB3132372. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3133431 for details. We are yet to test and confirm whether this completely solves the issue.
We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused due to this for our existing customers and trial users. In case you have any questions or assistance please do not hesitate to contact our support.
The latest version of WebHarvy Web Scraper supports 2 new types of pagination styles for scraping data from multiple pages of websites.
Pages where pagination links are shown in sets
In these types of pages the pagination links are provided in sets. For example the first 5 pages will have direct links to load each of them at the bottom of the page. To load pages 6 to 10, an additional link should be clicked. Now each of the pages 6 to 10 will have direct links to load any of them at their page end, and also a link to load the next set of 5 pages.
WebHarvy Online Help : Scraping pages where pagination links are displayed in sets
The following video demonstrates how these types of pages can be configured and mined using WebHarvy.
When each page URL contains the page number
Suppose the pages from which you need to scrape multiple listings of data have the following format.
Pagination in this case can be handled easily by following the method below :-
1. Open WebHarvy and load http://www.example.com/search/listing?keywords&pageNumber=1.
2. Start Config
3. Select required data from the page, Follow links and select data if required.
4. Select Edit menu > Edit Options > Add/Remove URLs from Configuration
5. Paste the following URL and Apply.
Note that the actual page number is replaced by %%pagenumber%% in the above string.
6. Stop Config
7. Start Mine. You should specify the number of pages to mine since ‘Mine all pages’ option will be disabled. WebHarvy will automatically find and load the next pages and extract data.
WebHarvy Online Help : URL page-number based auto pagination
The latest version of WebHarvy Visual Web Scraper can be downloaded from https://www.webharvy.com/download.html. Try and in case you need any assistance please do not hesitate to contact our support team.
We’ve just released a new WebHarvy update. The following are the changes in this version.
- Support for pagination where a link/button has to be clicked to load the next set of pages. More Info
- URL based pagination – automatically increment a numeral in start page URL to load subsequent pages. More Info
- One-click multiple image extraction from details pages (ex: capture multiple images from product details page)
- Human emulation mode support for automatic pause injection – see Miner Settings
- Online license activation introduced to prevent casual piracy
- ‘Click’ option (Capture window > More Options > Click) can be used to navigate to the start page
- Bug Fix : Data alignment issue in miner window data table when some records fields do not have a value (blank columns)
- Bug Fix : Keyword based scraping when encoding is required
- Scheduler option to overwrite or append the export file in case the file already exists
- ‘Follow this link’ option enabled in details pages (pages reached by following links from starting page).
- Bug Fix : Images going blank in some cases while mouse hovers over them during configuration
- Bug Fix : New lines and tabs escaped in JSON export
- HtmlParser updated to parse elements from <HTML> tag, so META tags can be extracted from the full HTML source of the page
- Handles commas in keywords (Keyword Scraping)
- Starts with a random proxy address from the proxy list while rotating proxies
- In-built browser emulates IE 11 on default.
Download the latest version of WebHarvy Web Data Extraction Software.
We have released a major update of USBDeviceShare – the USB over Network software for Windows. USBDeviceShare allows you to share USB devices and access them remotely over network (LAN) or internet.
The major changes in this version are :
- Updated Server and Client drivers to work with latest Windows versions – Windows 8/8.1
- Supports USB 3 device sharing
- Minor UI updates
- Server device stub driver is loaded for USB devices only when initiated by Server application. Prevents automatic loading of stub driver for newly plugged devices.
- Completely removes stub driver during uninstallation
- Fixed issue with connection initiation from Client/Server by remote computer name
The latest version may be downloaded from http://www.sysnucleus.com/usbshare/usbshare_download.html.